How to Get a Piece of Peace in Your Life

Monday, November 28, 2005

Wednesday Quotes on Joy

"The great teachings unanimously emphasize that all the peace, wisdom, and joy in the universe are already within us; we don't have to gain, develop, or attain them. We're like a child standing in a beautiful park with his eyes shut tight. We don't need to imagine trees, flowers, deer, birds, and sky; we merely need to open our eyes and realize what is already here, who we really are -- as soon as we quit pretending we're small or unholy." -- Unknown

"Participate joyfully in the sorrows of the world. We cannot cure the world of sorrows, but we can choose to live in joy." -- Joseph Campbell

"We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world." -- Helen Keller

"I do it for the joy it brings, cause I'm a joyful girl. 'Cause the world owes us nothing, we owe each other the world." -- Ani Difranco

And on that note, let me say that while I've been a little scarce on my site, and a less frequent visitor to others' sites, I am officially announcing my reason: I am three months pregnant. Please bear with me as every day offers a new change.